Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why don't hipsters have real jobs?

I started to wonder about this when I noticed that hipsters are always broke. My guesses for that range from "being a starving artist must be really cool" to "they probably spent all their money on cocaine, American Apparel and Starbucks."

The bottom line is that most hipsters simply don't have jobs that require them to show up hangover-free. This, of course, means said jobs don't pay much more than minimum wage, thus perpetuating a vicious cycle.

Ultimately, having a mainstream job would mean they are, by definition, also mainstream. This would result in an identity crisis, which in turn would cause their brains to explode.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahahahaha! This is true.
    I was the manager of a cafe for a few years and when I needed help, discriminatory or not, I posted a sign that said HELP WANTED, HIPSTERS NEED NOT APPLY.
    I had a few work for me for about 3 weeks and they either showed up late, didn't show up at all, showed up not wearing their uniform claiming it was limiting their self expression. I said you work for me, if you want to express yourself, quit.

    ReplyDelete